Pardeesville Village (36LU314)

Pardeesville Village is the location of the original Italian ethnic enclave in Pardeesville (formerly Lattimer No. 2). Historically, this area would have been characterized by closely packed, irregularly shaped houses with small alleys running between them. The town's original church, St. Nazarius, was located in this area. Today, the area features several of the original homes, although the majority of the houses that stood here at the turn of the 20th century have since been demolished.

 

Archaeologists from the Anthracite Heritage Project excavated in this location during the summer of 2013.

Report

Maps

Sponsored by the University of Maryland Department of Anthropology

1111 Woods Hall, College Park, MD 20742

(c) 2015 V.C. Westmont

Contact us with feedback, questions, or concerns